#PrayersUp: 3-Year-Old Passes Away After Falling Into Grease Trap Behind New York Restaurant


It’s every parent’s nightmare to have your kid go missing and find out something tragic has happened when you couldn’t find them for that brief period of time.

We’re sending our prayers to the family of a 3-year-old boy from #Rochester, New York, who passed away after he fell into a grease trap  behind a #TimHorton’s restaurant, according to police.

Police said the boy’s mother called 911 this morning to report him missing and minutes later, emergency dispatchers received a second call about a child that had been found in a grease trap, @ABCNews reports.

The grease trap is embedded to a manhole on the ground and covered by a plastic lid about 2 to 3 feet in diameter, according to Rochester Police investigator Frank Camp. The child, who was in his mother’s care, went outside and “made his way on top” of the grease trap and fell in after the lid “gave way,” he added.

A witness was giving the child CPR when police arrived, according to Camp. An officer then took over while they waited for paramedics to arrive. The boy was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased around noon after “every rescue attempt was made to resuscitate him,” Camp said.

“Our hearts go out to the family of this child, who are right now suffering unspeakable, unimaginable tragedy,” Camp said.

It is unclear how deep the trap is or how long the boy was in there, Camp said, adding that the oil was not hot and there is no wall surrounding it that the boy would have had to climb over.

Restaurant employees appeared “distraught” as they were being interviewed by police, ABC Rochester affiliate WHAM reported.

The family are residents of Rochester, according to Camp.

The investigation is ongoing. We’ll keep you posted on any updates, Roommates.

TSR STAFF: Christina C! @cdelafresh

Source link