Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, according to the well-known saying. Yet it is only in the present day that our eyes need to make some effort to find beauty in so many faces. When it comes to women of the past, their appearance was unquestionably pure. One can be sure — this beauty is as real as it gets.
We at Bright Side are devoted fans of the natural look — and want you to see this gallery of women from the era of no Botox, no plastic surgery, and no eye patches.
Gypsy girl with mandolin 0:20
Agnes Ayres 0:35
Doris Stocker 0:50
Queen Mary of Romania 1:05
Anna May Wong 1:19
Gabrielle Ray 1:34
Valli “Valli” Knust 1:49
Mary Pickford 2:03
Anna Pavlova 2:18
Jean Aylwin 2:33
Luzon woman of the Philippines 2:48
Lily Elsie 3:02
Grand Duchess Olga 3:17
Rita Martin 3:32
Maude Fealy 3:47
Carolina Otero 4:01
Maude Adams 4:16
Cleo de Merode 4:31
Lina Cavalieri 4:47
Ione Bright 5:01
– Doris Stocker was an Indian born English actress and music hall artist of the 1900s.
– Queen Mary of Romania was the last queen of Romania, very popular among her own people and worldwide.
– Anna May Wong was the first Chinese American Hollywood movie star.
Valli “Valli” Knust was a musical and silent film actress descending from an old English family.
– “America’s sweetheart” and “the girl with the curls,” Mary Pickford was a Canadian-born film actress and her real name was Gladys Louise Smith.
– Anna Pavlova was a Russian prima ballerina of the renowned Imperial Russian Ballet.
– Lily Elsie was an English actress and singer of the Edwardian era.
– Grand Duchess Olga was the eldest daughter of the last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, whose whole family was slaughtered by the Bolsheviks in Yekaterinburg, Russia.
– Rita Martin was a suffragist and a photographer who also deserved to be photographed as much as possible.
– Maude Fealy was an American stage and silent film actress who also lived through the talking movie age.
– Known as “La Belle,” Carolina Otero was a French dancer and singer who was hugely popular among the royalty of many countries.
– Maude Adams was an American actress who achieved fame by playing the role of Peter Pen in a Broadway production.
– Lina Cavalieri was a famous Italian opera singer whose image and hourglass figure could be seen everywhere — from soap packaging to postcards.
– Ione Bright was a minor Broadway actress with a major otherworldly beauty.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC